Monday 18 April 2011

Recent e.l.f haul

Recently e.l.f had a 20% discount off the entire website and I couldn't resist!





I didn't get much this time as I have most of their products now, but everything I bought this time is from the studio line. As you can see I bought:
Eyebrow Treat and Tame in light
Mineral Infused Primer
Studio Tinted Moisturiser in porcelain
Golden Bronzer
Complexion Brush
Powder Brush
Eyebrow treat and tame in light (£3.50)

I have been looking at this for some time now and I finally decided to buy it. As the name suggests it's treats your brows with a clear gel infused with vitamins and it 'tames' the brows with a light brown mascara keeping them in place. I don't know if the treatment has worked as I have only used it for a few days but I'm hoping it'll help the areas where I over-plucked when I was younger! The tame end I like as it keeps the hairs in place.

Mineral Infused Primer (£6)

This is a repurchase as I bought one about a year ago but the pump didn't work so I had to use a spatula to scoop out the product which was a pain. This time it seems to work which makes it easier. It's a clear primer as opposed to the others I use which are more opaque. It spreads nicely and foundation glides over the top.

Studio Tinted Moisturiser in Porcelain (£3.50)

I had heard mixed reviews about this and wanted to try it out for myself. This has an SPF of 20 which is a bonus since you should wear an SPF everyday (even in winter) as the suns rays can damage skin and lead to premature ageing. It also has vitamins A & E and cucumber in it to calm and soothe.
Porcelain is the lightest shade they have (there are 7 shades) and I'm so pale I'm practically Casper! When I squeezed this out it was pretty yellow which was unexpected, but I proceeded to rub it in and it faded to my skin tone and absorbed into the skin nicely and There was no greasiness. It is a nice tinted moisturiser and for £3.50 you can't really go wrong.

Golden Bronzer (£3.50)

There is a shimmer to this that I wasn't expecting but it is a nice Bronzer to use on the apples of the cheeks where the light will reflect and give a healthy glow and it looks good on any skin tone. There are four colours that can either be used alone or use a brush over all four of them and apply it to the apples of your cheeks.


Complexion Brush (£3.50)

I really like this brush for powders and blusher and bronzer as it doesn't apply too much product so you can build up the colour rather than a solid block of colour, so you look a lot more natural.


Powder Brush (£3.50)

I already have one of these and I love it it's such a nice brush. I use one for dry products such as setting powder or mineral foundation but I decided to get another one for wet products such as foundation.
As I have so many e.l.f products I shall do many more posts about them. I can also do swatches and reviews of most of the products if anyone would like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment