Tuesday 12 April 2011

Hot Cloth Cleansers

After hearing all the hype about hot cloth cleansers I decided to try them out. They come with a muslin cloth which is used to open the pores, and 'polish' the cleanser off whilst exfoliating the skin, then closing the pores.
Sanctuary Polishing Hot Cloth Cleanser

I had a £5 off skincare voucher from boots and decided to try out the Sancuary Polishing Hot Cloth Cleanser. For £10.20 you get 125ml of product and a muslin cloth.
Application Directions:-
1. Place the cloth in hot water, wring out and lay over the face to open pores.
2. Gently massage the creamy cleanser over the face and neck using circular movements.
3. Carefully polish off the cleanser using the warm cloth, be gentle around the delicate eye area.
4. Rinse cloth in cold water, and place over face for 30 seconds to close pores.
5. Finish by splashing your face with cool water.
It also recommends that you do this cycle twice so the first cleanse brings up the dirt and the second cleanse washes the dirt away. The product has chamomile in it which helps calm the skin and it really does smell of camomile. It reminds me of Kamilosan which is also a chamomile based emollient for sore, cracked nipples when breastfeeding.
I like this cleanser because it's a really thick cream which feels like it's actually working. I paid £5.20 for this which I think is reasonable but I don't know if I would pay full price becuase 125ml isn't a great deal of product especially if you're using it twice in a morning and twice in the evening. Although I have liked the calming effect is has had on my skin.
Sanctuary Spa Polishing Hot Cloth Cleanser can be found at boots for £10.20

 
Boots No7 Radiance Boosting Hot Cloth Cleanser
 
I had a £5 No7 Voucher and thought I would try another hot cloth cleanser to compare with the Sanctuary one and becuase it was also running out rapidly. The No7 cleanser is cheaper at £9 and you get 200ml so 75ml more product for £1.20 less.
How to use:
Close your eyes, using your fingertips, gently massage over dry skin in upward circular motions.  Run the muslin cloth under comfortably hot water, wring out the excess and place cloth over your face and relax whilst the hot cloth gently opens your pores.  Then, using  the cloth, lightly polish off the cleanser in circular motions, to remove any impurities.  To finish; splash your face with cold water, to close your pores, and pat dry.
This cleanser is used in a different way as it needs to be applied to dry skin. It's not as creamy as the Sanctuary one but I think it's much better value for money and it has helped get rid of my blemishes more quickly than if I had left them, and  haven't had as many blemishes either.
I really like this as it doesn't leave my skin dry and my face feels really clean afer I've used it. I got mine for £4 with the £5 off voucher but I would pay the full £9 as I think it is worth it.
Boots No7 Radiance Boosting Hot Cloth Cleanser can be found here for £9

The muslin cloths need to be washed in a washing machine every so often so the bacteria doesn't linger and spread. More muslin cloths can be bought at most chemists and supermarkets in the baby aisle.
I would like to try the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish but for now I am happy with the No7 cleanser.

No comments:

Post a Comment