Friday 1 June 2012

Radiant Glow


A couple of weeks ago when I ventured into town in the train with the pushchair (which is a bit of an ordeal round here as the platforms are SO low and the trains are SO high it's not easy) I had just taken Lily-Rose to the dentist and needed some serious cheering up after that! (Try getting a 16 month old to open their mouth and keep it open when they have a full set of teeth and chomp right down into your fingers and draw blood! I think a crocodile would've been easier to tame!) We went into boots where my little madam likes the make-up counters and trying it on without me knowing! and came out with a couple of new items they had on offer but they didn't have what I really wanted which was a new blusher for spring as I'm getting a little bored of the selection I have right now. 
Anyway I ventured into Boyes which has all the cosmetics that have been discontinued from Rimmel, Revlon, Bourjois, Sally Hansen etc. and found the perfect product! It's not a blusher as such but a brightener. Its the 

Revlon ColorStay Mineral Finishing Powder in Brighten. There is another one for a 'sunkissed' glow but they didn't have that. It's Like MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish which I adore but it's so much cheaper. I think I picked it up for a couple of pounds! It doesn't come out pink it comes out like a pearl kind of colour which I use on my cheeks and in my brow bone arch as a highlighter. I use it over blusher's and bronzer's that I already own and it gives a different affect over different ones.

I can't really capture a picture of what it's truly like but it's a really subtle highlight that really makes you look healthy and give you a nice glow. It is called a finishing powder which seems to imply that you can apply it all over ans I tried it out with barely any product and I looked like a robot, all shiny and looked really greasy so I would advise against the all over approach! When applied to the cheeks and used as a highlight it really does do wonders for your skin I looked healthy and dewy when in reality I'd had zero sleep and felt dreadful! I HIGHLY recommend this! I think Revlon have discontinued it but there are a few places online that sell it if you type it into Google.

Go fourth and Glow!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty- i will definitely look for it next time I'm in town. :)

    ReplyDelete