Wednesday 20 June 2012

Ombre Hair

Whether you love it or loath it Ombre Hair (or balayage) is big this season. It has been around for a while but it's made more of an impact recently. Celebrities seem to be rocking this trend a lot recently with Drew Barrymore, Jessica Biel, Ashlee Simpson, Rachel Bilson, Whitney Port and Caroline Flack to name but a few.  I personally love the look if it's done well and have wanted to give it a go for about a year. I have always been put off by the fact I have to bleach my hair which as everyone know's really isn't good for your hair. However, I decided to go for it and thought if it all went wrong I could always cut the bottom of my hair or at least dye over it!


I used L'oreal Perfect Blonde Crème Highlighting Kit. It comes with gloves, a highlighting cap, a hook, brush, developing crème, 2 sachets of powder bleach, a container to mix it in and a conditioner.
It's £6.12 from boots which I think isn't bad for a 'new look'.

There was plenty left over (and my hair is long and really thick!) that I highlighted my bf's hair twice and still had some left so there's more than enough for the thickest, longest hair!

As you can see it's more subtle than some ombre hair but it's exactly what I wanted.
I won't go into how I did it cos there's plenty of other tutorials all over the web but I found it so easy to do and so effective I absolutely love it. It's a great look for summer and recommend it to anyone to try. I do however issue a word of caution that when you buy the bleach, buy an intensive conditioner, I bought the John Frieda Full Repair shampoo, conditioner and intensive conditioner as it was 3 for £10 in Boots on John Frieda products.

Have you embraced the ombre trend?

Rosie x

1 comment: