Tuesday 6 September 2011

August Glossy Box - Wash & Glow

I know this is a bit late with it being September now and the September box will be sent in the next week or two but better late than never!

So this month (or last I should say) saw the arrival of 5 more luxury products come through my door in a beautiful brown and pink parcel.

This month I received:

Murad - Time Release Blemish Cleanser
Salicylic Acid is the hero ingredient in this dual action, extra gently cleanser. Clinically proven to increase cell turnover, it reduces blemishes while diminishing wrinkles and keeps your skin smooth and glowing. 
This sounds like a wonder product, it can reduce blemishes AND diminish wrinkles, now who doesn't want that! Well I was really looking forward to using this, I'm the sort of person who thinks I'll see a dramatic difference at once, and if I don't then the product is a dudd! Well of course there was no dramatic difference (when is there?!) but I persevered for a few days with this and didn't really notice anything different. I don't know what I was expecting really as I don't have any blemishes at the moment, and being in my early twenties and looking like a 15 year old, I don't have any wrinkles, therefore I couldn't say whether it does what it claims or not. This is a travel size 30 ml but if you want to try it then you can buy it from Murad for £29 for 200ml.

Ahava - Mineral Body Lotion
Part of Ahava's new My Skin Reborn range, this quickly absorbed richly moisturising lotion draws on the properties of Dead Sea minerals to effectively hydrate, nourish and protect the skin.
I absolutely adore the scent of this it reminds me of almonds. It's so moisturising and my skin feels so smooth and soft after this. I love it so much that I have repurchased it. I have never really been one for body moisturisers as I don't like my body if I'm honest therefore I neglected it and concentrated on my face and areas that are on show. But after trying this, I have been converted into using body lotion, and look after my body more. After all you have to make the most of what you've got. There is also a hand and foot cream in the dead sea range, but the body lotion currently has 10% off on the Ahava website and is £19.80 for 250ml.

 Daniel Sandler - Jumbo Jet Mascara
JUMBO JET is the only mascara a woman needs when she wants high-performance, luscious lashes. After one stroke of the brush lashes can appear thicker & longer.
 I have been a Daniel Sandler fan for a while I particularly like his Watercolours, which, if you haven't heard of them is a colour for cheeks, lips and eyes. Being a mascara junkie I was very eager to try his mascara. With a name like Jumbo Jet I was expecting big things from this and if I'm honest I was a little disappointed. I have cheaper mascaras that give a better full luscious lashes look. I do however think it's a nice mascara for a daytime 'barely-there' look. If you would like to try this mascara it's £14.85 from here

KMS California - Hairstay Style Boost
Primer for your hair! The foam-to-liquid crackle formula enhances natural movement and bounce while boosting the performance of styling products, for a style that lasts up to 3x longer.
What appealed to me about this was that it's sold as 'primer for your hair'. I think skin and eye primers are a great invention so to hear that your hair could benefit from a primer sounds like a great idea. Its a really strange product it is really cold and crackles and expands in your hand before you apply it. I have used this a few times and I think it's great, I have curled and waved my poker straight hair and not used hairspray and my style is there from one morning to the next! There isn't the usual straw-like texture or sticky residue left behind like I have found with so many mousse-type products.  All in all this is a great product I highly recommend it. You can find it here for £14.50 for 200ml.

Rebel Nails - Nail Wraps (for toes)

Welcome to the Nail Revolution! Rebel Nail's nail wraps are easy to apply, long lasting and kind to nails. No chipping, fading or wear. Amazing professional finishes and designs are now available at your finger (or toe) tips.
I have yet to use these so I can't comment on how they apply, or withstand every day wear and tear. I have heard a lot of good things about nail wraps and with the promise of no chipping, I can't wait to apply them. They are a dull, dark gold, but I quite like the colour, it's a good transitional colour to take you from summer to autumn. You can buy them from the Rebel Nails website with prices starting from £7.99. Take a look at their designs there are so many! I cant wait to try out some funky designs on my fingers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment